Primary Treatments: Standard, Alternative and Integrative.
- The information on this site does not constitute medical advice but is intended as a signpost to a range of options you can research further or ask your doctor about.
- The site does not advocate the use of any one treatment above all others.
- All drugs have side effects and the same is true for many natural remedies.
- All information is provided in good faith for educational purposes only.
- Info about medicines/treatments not licensed in Ireland are covered on this site because it is a resource for all people on a cancer journey – wherever they live.
“Health care professionals make hundreds of decisions a day. A small fraction of them are based on evidence from rigorous clinical trials — that is, things we really know to be true. Unfortunately, most medical decisions are based on clinical opinion — an educated guess.“
Jeffrey M. Drazen, Editor in chief of the New England Journal of Medicine from 2000 to 2019.
Here are details about all the treatment options open to you
The standard cancer treatment you receive in a general hospital, consisting mainly of surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy.
Treatments used in place of conventional treatment (e.g. Cannabis Oil or Gerson therapy instead of surgery, radiation, or chemotherapy).
An evidence-informed field of cancer care that utilizes mind and body practices, from different traditions alongside standard treatments.
List of Clinics offering Alternative and/or Integrative Treatments