Embrace Emotional and Spiritual Healing
Release Suppressed Emotions
Emotion suppression involves intentionally avoiding distressing feelings by thinking of other things. These need to be released…more
Increase Positive Emotions
Studies show a strong link between having a positive outlook and health benefits in people suffering from cancer…more
Deepen Spiritual Connection
Cancer patients report their spirituality is a source of strength and helps them find hope in their cancer experience…more
Inner Life Well-Being
When someone is diagnosed with cancer or other life-threatening illness, the focus needs to be not just on their physical state, but on their emotional state as well. Perhaps even more so. Ideally, they may benefit by asking these questions:
- Do you love and value yourself?
- Are you at peace?…happy?
- Are there people in your life who matter to you and to whom you matter?
- Do you feel your life has purpose?
- What are you passionate about?
- What brings you joy?
Each question could be the start of a personal session. Or each question could be a creative writing experience where there is no pre-planning but a steady flow of whatever is coming up.
– Barbara Harris. The Secrets of Medicinal Marijuana: A Guide for Patients and Those Who Care For Them.