General Information About Adult Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the lymph system.
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma can be indolent or aggressive.
- Older age, being male, and having a weakened immune system can increase the risk of adult non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
- Signs and symptoms of adult non-Hodgkin lymphoma include swollen lymph nodes, fever, drenching night sweats, weight loss, and fatigue.
- Tests that examine the lymph system and other parts of the body are used to help diagnose and stage adult non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
- Certain factors affect prognosis (chance of recovery) and treatment options.
Read the full article on the National Cancer Institute website.
Page updated 2023